*****

*****
This is the story of my journey to bring Willow home from Guatemala. I am now mom to two daughters: Lily (5) who was born in China and Willow (2).

Monday, May 5, 2008

New pictures from Sandra

She wanted me to see the "form" or "position" Willow takes her bottle. Looks simple enough. I believe I can handle this.



Does anyone else think this kid keeps getting cuter?! I think part of it is that she's getting more hair, but come ON - she's adorable! I do not know how to explain the fact that I am content looking at these pictures and knowing I'm not as close to bringing her home as I had thought. I know that she is happy and healthy and I know that this situation is much, much bigger than our little story. Because I have Lily, I know that it is worth all the waiting and wondering. As I say all too often: I know that "it'll be fine in the end. If it's not fine, it's not the end." I go to sleep wondering what Pili is doing and I wake up wondering if she's awake yet. I stand in her room and try to imagine her there. But it is not with sadness, it's with a strange sense of peace. I started feeling this calm about a month ago and it remains! I'm not making any promises about how long it might last (and I do have my moments of anguish), but I'm enjoying it while it lasts. And so are my family and friends!
I'm still not back in PGN and probably won't be for a couple of weeks. Now it is predicted that PGN will be virtually frozen for up to a month while they continue to review files.
Those four women I've been writing about, who are on the hunger strike in Guatemala? There are rumors that they are being paid to stage the whole thing. One of the Guatemala forums I frequent contacted the women and offered to post pictures of their babies in order to help find them. None of the women nor their representatives have responded to many offers of help. There is some speculation that they are being paid by a type of lobbyist in Guatemala who is anti-international adoption. As you can imagine, there are many.
So, the saga continues. We've all learned more than we ever wanted to about the politics of a developing country. Thanks, as always, for sharing my journey.