*****

*****
This is the story of my journey to bring Willow home from Guatemala. I am now mom to two daughters: Lily (5) who was born in China and Willow (2).

Thursday, July 9, 2009

July update

Good bye, Andrew and Matthew! We will miss you next year when you're in Seattle. Lily's soccer:


Yaya's killer athletic instinct she does not have. But Lily has fun at soccer. When we got in the car this night I asked her what she and the "coach" were talking about. She goes "Dinner." It turns out she told her coach we were going to Cub Foods for groceries and getting JoJos for dinner. Her coach told her she was having chicken and rice and carrots for dinner. That's my girl - get the important details of a person's life all figured out!


We had a blast at the cabin over the 4th. Lily preferred driving the jet ski over riding in the tube.




Willow loved hanging out with her uncle and great-uncle:





We camped at Kamp Dels a couple weeks ago. Willow did great in the tent - she did have one knock-down-drag-out tantrum Saturday afternoon by the pool that weekend. She wanted to keep her sandwich box-thing open while she ate and I wanted it shut. I won, but it was a 45 minute fit so violent a stranger asked if I was OK. Picture sweat, drool, tears, food throwing, sandwich smashing, screaming, kicking, stomping, rage.
And then you look at this little mug and wonder if it's possible, right? I want a shirt that says "It's not my fault." At some point I'll take some ownership of her fits, but we're still not to the 4 month mark yet, so I can still blame for a while longer.


Tate was asleep on a pool-side lounge chair, but they all had a blast playing in the pool that weekend. They swam from 10am - 5 pm on Saturday. Oh, and I have the nerve to wonder why Willow had that lunch-time tantrum...
Not only did Lily cook her own dinner, she completely set up the sleeping mats and bags and pillows in our tent when we first arrived. As soon as I had the tent up, Lily begged to "organize" the inside. She pried each mat and bag out of it's tight-fitting bag, matched up the correct bag and pillow for each of the 3 of us, and came out dripping with sweat. Uncle and I asked her over and over: "Lily, don't you want to go swimming with Grace and Tate?" She had all the windows zipped up, so it was about 100 degrees inside the tent. That kid cracks me up.