*****

*****
This is the story of my journey to bring Willow home from Guatemala. I am now mom to two daughters: Lily (5) who was born in China and Willow (2).

Friday, December 25, 2009

I'm GETTNG MARRIED!

Marc and I are getting married in 2010! We couldn't be happier to have found each other and both believe all of our lives (us and our FIVE kids) will be more fun, more fulfilling, and happier together. We don't have a date and we do have a lot of work in front of us, but we are excited to get the ball rolling -sooner rather than later as Marc says. Willow adores Marc. Adores him. Here they are toasting - Willow has no idea that any of this is happening, but she was thrilled to have an opportunity to drink a limitless supply of bubbly grape juice in a fancy glass:
I told Lily in a sweet, quiet moment in the early morning in front of the Christmas tree: "Marc and I decided to get married." Long pause. "How do you feel about that, Lily?" "Good, but there's only one problem: our house is not big enough for 5 kids."
After I explained that we'll sell both our houses and get a bigger house, she said that she'll miss Marc when he goes to Hawaii. When I asked why she thinks he'll go to Hawaii, she said "Every man goes to Hawaii after they get married, don't they??"
Since I told her about our plan, she is more affectionate and connected to him than ever. About 2 hours later, she wanted to call him. When he answered she said "I'm glad you and my mom are getting married, Marc."
Here is the toast between Lily and Marc:



At 39 years old (and previously married), I wouldn't consider changing my name... if it weren't for the girls. They already have to deal with "Is that your real mom?" and "Is that your real sister?" constantly. We are all going to be a family, and I don't want to add on a life time of "How come your dad has a different last name than you?" and "Who is your real dad?" etc. It's so much more grounding for them if we are all Hansons. Here is the newest part of the Hanson clan-to-be: