*****

*****
This is the story of my journey to bring Willow home from Guatemala. I am now mom to two daughters: Lily (5) who was born in China and Willow (2).

Monday, January 19, 2009

Willow's Temperament

Sandra sent me a lovely email today. Although she can not divulge information regarding the legalities of my case, I am hopeful that we'll get that birth certificate this Friday. They only release files on Friday.

She explains that Pili becomes more "restless" each day. Sandra believes that I will have to "keep many energies for when she is with us." She describes Pili as "very jealous": when someone gives affection to Veronica or Sandra, Pili pushes them away and rejects them - she has done this since she was tiny. She prays a lot that Pili will get along well with Lily in light of this quality. She writes that she does not want to worry/frighten me, but wants to prepare me for the "form" of Pili. Also, she explains that the foster family says Pili does what she wants because they have consented to her, but Sandra says she "does what she wants" because this is her personality and character since she was tiny. (Gulp)

Because our time together will be limited when Willow is delivered to me, Sandra hopes to continue passing details and routines on to me while we wait out these final weeks. I am grateful. I'm happy to know ahead of time that I should attempt to "keep many energies."

Let's all chant together: FRIDAY! FRIDAY! FRIDAY! FRIDAY! Please let this be the week we're done waiting for paperwork.