*****

*****
This is the story of my journey to bring Willow home from Guatemala. I am now mom to two daughters: Lily (5) who was born in China and Willow (2).

Saturday, May 30, 2009

End of the Year

I know to most people December is the end of the year, but to a teacher the end of the year comes in May. We are ending this year with so much adjustment behind us I am incredibly relieved. I remember looking forward to this time (3 months after brining Willow home) before I even left to go get her. There is just something about the 3 month mark. I really think it's more about my own adjustment than hers, but either way: we have arrived. We are SO much more comfortable, calm and content. All three of us actually.


This week on Thursday my mom picked the girls up from day care for me because I had to work late. Willow screamed bloody murder and tried to cling on to Diane's shirt as grammy pulled her away. It sounds like an awful scene. She screamed all the way to the car and while grammy buckled her in. By the time they drove to the end of the block Willow was done screaming and was puckered up in the rearview mirror wanting a kiss from Gram. She stopped the car, got out, and opened the back door to smooch on that kid. That's true devotion! They went to our house, had dinner and then met me at Lily's last gymnastics class. Willow stayed in grammy's arms even when I got there! She stayed with grammy for about 30 minutes and even walked back out to the car with her to get water. It was FAR more exciting to watch this unfold than Lily's last gymnastics.


And I gotta post a few of Liller's amazing stunts: