*****

*****
This is the story of my journey to bring Willow home from Guatemala. I am now mom to two daughters: Lily (5) who was born in China and Willow (2).

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I just have to post this photo so we're all clear that Willow is STILL covering her face when she doesn't want her picture taken. She's so stubborn it's a gift - to her, not me. The other day she wanted her PJs on at nap time, and I let her. The things I find myself giving into with her are embarrassing. She finally napped in her own bed last weekend, so PJs were no big deal to me. At the same time, I'd have never let Lily force me into changing her into PJs at nap time. With Willow, it's a small price to pay to get what I want! My mom makes these little dinosaur towels with her friend Gayle Secrist. They have little dino-scales down the back of the hood. http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7270438 to purchase - I can't resist a little plug for them. The towels are darling.
This is Willow - always silly and looking for a laugh:


First day of Day Care at Diane's: Willow sort of fake-cried for a minute and played happily the rest of the day. Each day of the first week she fake-cried less and less and by Thursday she didn't do it at all. Then Monday, after the first weekened, I was nervous again. She pointed to her mouth, like always, for a kiss and walked off hand-in-hand with Diane. She naps on a little mat on the floor, follows Diane around the house, and plays with the other kids. It's the weirdest thing! No fear, no grieving, no night terrors.... This is upside to her strength I refer to so often.



She's slowly learning to ride her "bike":


We went to Chuck E. on Saturday night with Tate. The saddest thing happened: Big kids told Lily and Tate to give them some tokens. They each handed over a few to 3 different kids while I was dealing with Willow. Lily came running to me with tears pouring down her face. I assured her we'd find the kids and get her tokens back, but we first we had to find Tate to be sure his tokens were safe. We found him shooting something at a game, and he had already given 3 bullies some tokens. He wasn't upset at all, but he did want his tokens back. As we were talking two kids came up and handed back the tokens. They must have been watching and didn't want to get in trouble. I could go on and on, but I'll resist.




Last night we walked the babies around the block before bed. Those babies are high-maintenance! Lots of stops for bottles, blankets, etc.