*****

*****
This is the story of my journey to bring Willow home from Guatemala. I am now mom to two daughters: Lily (5) who was born in China and Willow (2).

Friday, November 28, 2008

I'm Legal Guardian!

I became Willow's legal guardian this week. That means that her adoption decree has been legalized by the Guatemalan governement. HUGE step to say the least. Today they are submitting paperwork to receive her birth certificate with our last name. When we receive that (1-2 month wait) we will travel about 4 weeks later. It is very likely that I'll travel in January, but a lot depends on how long it takes to get this birth certificate. In the mean time:

Here is the last care package I sent:
Apparently Willow loves dolls and she didn't want to put any of these down the day they took her to this store:




This is Sandra and Veronica's brother's daughter. She spends a great deal of time with Willow and is 10 months old: