*****

*****
This is the story of my journey to bring Willow home from Guatemala. I am now mom to two daughters: Lily (5) who was born in China and Willow (2).

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Good News/Bad News

Good News:
  • I am done with minor's. When I am resubmitted to PGN I will follow the normal review process like everyone else.
  • My letter required for the kick out is on its way to Guatemala. They should receive it sometime this week. As soon as my attorney gets my file reorganized I'll be ready to get resubmitted.
  • President Bush is meeting with Guatemala's president Colom this week, on Tuesday. Perhaps the topic of adoption will come up...

Bad News:

  • The attorney general of Guatemala has been fired and all adoptions are frozen. Again. Even files that have been approved are not being released at this time.
  • The head of PGN, Barrios, is potentially being fired so there is talk that all files will be audited to look for irregularities and unnecessary delays being made. This would take weeks or months, during which time no files (babies) would be released. Hopefully I'll hear more this week about whether or not this will happen.