*****

*****
This is the story of my journey to bring Willow home from Guatemala. I am now mom to two daughters: Lily (5) who was born in China and Willow (2).

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Reason for kick out

I received an email at work on Friday morning that the reason I was kicked out is because PGN wants a letter stating that I am not gay (because I'm single). So I wrote a letter, got it notarized during lunch hour, my parents picked it up and brought it to the secretary of state's office to get a state seal (yes, a state seal on my "not gay" letter). After work I brought it to UPS to overnight it to a courier who will bring it to the Guatemala consulate's office in Chicago (to authenticate my "not gay" letter) and overnight it back to Bethany, so they can get it to Guatemala right away. I just want to get back "IN" PGN as soon as possible! I still haven't heard if I'm done with the minor's part, but I'm hoping to hear about that on Monday. My prayer is that when I am resubmitted I will be able to bypass minors because they've completed the birth mother interview (and investigation).

Can you imagine anyone believing there are unethical adoptions in Guatemala? They are going through every single file with a fine tooth comb! This kick out is absurd (couldn't I just lie either way), however it does demonstrate that government officials are demanding all adoption laws are followed. There will no doubt when Willow comes home that everything was ethical in her relinquishment and adoption.

I remain unusually calm. I find myself hearing Sandra's words: All will be well. That and the phrase that got me through as I waited for Lily: "It'll be fine in the end. If it's not fine, it's not the end."