*****

*****
This is the story of my journey to bring Willow home from Guatemala. I am now mom to two daughters: Lily (5) who was born in China and Willow (2).

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Kicked out of PGN


I called PGN on Monday, and found out that we were kicked out of PGN on April 9th. Sandra can't tell me anything about the legal part of Willow's case, so I have to wait to hear the details from my agency, which often takes weeks. I'm hoping it's something that can be fixed quickly so I get back in right away. Usually people are kicked out for tiny errors such as misspellings or papers out of order according to the index provided by the attorney, etc. Occassionally it involves an error on a birth certificate (of the baby or the birth parent(s)), which can take weeks or months to replace. When I am resubmitted to the PGN, I go back to the beginning at the bottom of the pile and wait to hear if I'm approved or kicked out again. Often families are kicked out three or more times.

I got an email from Sandra today telling me that Pili is getting more active every day. She walks by herself now, she loves the bath and hates getting out, she loves to dance and when they sit her down she jumps up and dances again. When they take her to the store she wants to touch everything and when she sees kids playing she wants to play with them. She loves to play with the little girl in the picture (Lucia) and they run through the house together shouting and laughing. She wanted to eat all of the cotton candy in that picture, and "Thus she did." Also, they have 2 dogs and Willow loves them.
And this sentence deserves a paragraph all to itself. It actually deserves its own blog, but this will have to do: I asked Sandra where Willow sleeps - if she has a crib. She told me that Pili sleeps with Veronica at night and does not have her own "cradle".
I emailed her that I have felt unusually calm the last few days. She responded that it is God giving me this "serenity" to assure me that "all will turn out well." She said "Pili is going to arrive home, perhaps not at the moment that you expected but at the moment that has to be." Also "Be relaxed. Trust in God and in which is being done for your case and you will see that all will turn out well."