*****

*****
This is the story of my journey to bring Willow home from Guatemala. I am now mom to two daughters: Lily (5) who was born in China and Willow (2).

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Lily gets some air time


Here's a couple things Ms. Lily was up to this weekend:

1. She walked out of Pastor Bud's children's sermon. To be fair, she's used to 3-4 minute chats up there. She just got up, gave Diane (the organist) a hug as she passed her, and came up the aisle to ask me why everyone was laughing. He stopped talking as soon as she stood up. As she left he said "I guess we're done here."

2. During Sunday School, Lily told everyone it was her birthday today. She got to go up front, get sung to by all the kids, and got a great big "Happy Birthday" sticker on her shirt. She later asked my dad if he wanted it to be his birthday today - she told him if he said yes he could get some money in his pocket. WHAT?!? If you ask her when her birthday is, she'll tell you "August 27, 2004". This incident today was no accident.

3. I'll add one really nice thing, so readers are not too hard on my girl: during ice skating lessons the teachers have to tell Lily not to help her little peers up off the ice. She's had 3 lessons and she's already thinking it's her job to help the kids and help the teachers. She's a giver!