*****

*****
This is the story of my journey to bring Willow home from Guatemala. I am now mom to two daughters: Lily (5) who was born in China and Willow (2).

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Waiting for Willow

Here are the steps we are currently waiting for:

X 1. Release of file from family court. DONE! 3-5-08

X 2. File entering PGN. DONE! 3-7-08

3. File exiting PGN (2 weeks - 3 months)

4. 6-8 weeks after PGN "out" I will go to Guatemala to get Willow. I have to wait for another DNA test, a Visa, a new birth certificate, etc. before I can get her.

I got an email from her foster family asking me if I'd like to have contact with them. Naturally I sent a long, emotional email back (through an online translation) begging for any updates, pictures, and asking lots of questions. I found out they call her Pili, but I don't know why. I also know:

1. Pili loves bananas

2. She doesn't nap (WHAT?!)

3. She crawls forward and backward.

4. She goes to sleep at night being held and sung to.

5. There is a show on Discovery Kids that she loves - whenever the white dog with the black spot on his eye comes on at the end, she stops and stares at the TV.

6. There are 5 adults and 2 teenagers in the house with Willow and they all adore her.

7. She has a "strong character" and gets into everything. She can't be left alone for one second.

8. I know I want her home more than ever. I have no doubt anymore that she will get here, and that was enough to keep me peaceful for about 2 months. Last week I stopped being patient and thankful. Now I want her home!