*****

*****
This is the story of my journey to bring Willow home from Guatemala. I am now mom to two daughters: Lily (5) who was born in China and Willow (2).

Sunday, March 23, 2008

More pictures from Sandra




Sandra emailed me this weekend. She wrote about how sad they will be to say goodbye to Pili. Veronica, the foster mother (and Sandra's sister) cries when she talks about it. She said that Pili throws things when she gets mad and her left arm is very strong - she thinks she may be a baseball player some day. I emailed more pictures of Lily and I, and one of Lily with her friend Anna who was born in Guatemlala. When Pili saw that picture she stared at it; Sandra told her that's her hermanita (sister) and Pili laughed and tried to touch the computer screen. She loves the show Backyardigans on TV and tried to touch the TV screen when it comes on. In the pictures, she said Pili was uncomfortable because she doesn't like to be naked. Wait 'til she's been hanging around our house a while - hermanita prefers to be naked! We'll break her in.
Sandra says Pili has stolen their hearts. My mom recently remembered a funeral where the death was compared to a ship leaving port: the people waving goodbye are crying tears of sorrow and the people waiting for the arrival are crying tears of joy. Both emotions are equal in proportion for opposite reasons. It will be a difficult time, one that can't come soon enough for me. I will do all I can to help Willow grieve and to comfort her foster family while they adjust to life without her. Sandra assures me that hearing about our daily life and seeing pictures comforts them. I'll continue that when Willow is home for as long as possible.