*****

*****
This is the story of my journey to bring Willow home from Guatemala. I am now mom to two daughters: Lily (5) who was born in China and Willow (2).

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Awwwww

I got new pictures this morning! To be clear: Veronica is Willow's foster mother. Sandra is my attorney's assistant, Veronica's sister, and the woman who emails me. She also lives with Veronica, so also lives with Willow (who they all call Pili). It sort of sounds like a "Who's on first" joke, but hopefully that helps. Now if you're already confused don't bother reading this:
Sandra is married to Ernesto. Veronica has two teenage daughters (Shirley and Melisa). Arnoldo and Carmen are grandfathers and live with them too. Lucky baby to have all that love in one house!
Sandra with Willow:

Ernesto (Sandra's husband):
The question is: When is Grandpa Bruce (aka "Papa") going to get a perm to help Pili feel comfortable after she gets here? Perhaps another vote is around the corner for this little blog...

Willow is looking at a photo I emailed to them of Lily and I:


I sent this dress down for Willow several months ago. She was wearing it the day she got the build a bear we made for her too. This is my favorite picture from this batch. That nose!!!
Sandra called this one "Pili haciendo naricitas" Translation anyone? I get "doing naricitas" when I use my normal website. Not much help, which happens a lot as I'm trying to communicate back and forth! I shudder to think what they receive as I cut and paste from English to Spanish in my lengthly emails.

I have learned that Pilar is a common name for girls in Guatemala. Willow's birth mother named her Amanda del Pilar Zabala, so the name Pili is just a nickname for Pilar.


I received a video tape on Thursday. I wish I knew how to go from tape, to disk, to computer because Willow is DARLING on this thing. She bounces while standing and holding onto Veronica's hands. She's real quiet, but happy. The narrator (at the dr. office) said on the tape that normally they would have the baby sitting on the table or crawling so I could see her better, but because she'd just had that exam she didn't want to be apart from Veronica. So cute, but YIKES. I better rest up while I can for what could be a very difficult transition period for all of us.

When Sandra told Veronica that I have photos of Veronica holding Pili in her room here at my house, she wrote that it made Veronica "cry with emotion".