*****

*****
This is the story of my journey to bring Willow home from Guatemala. I am now mom to two daughters: Lily (5) who was born in China and Willow (2).

Monday, March 3, 2008

Update on delay

Willow's case entered Guatemalan Family court in September. The social worker who interviewed her birth mother needs to write a report, a judge signs off on it, and the file is then sent to PGN. I have been agonizing for weeks now about why my case has not been released from family court, and have not gotten any explanations. When I was told last Friday that it still had not been released I was sure something dreadfully wrong was happening (the birth mother changed her mind or the judge found something wrong, etc.).

Well, today I was told that the reason it's still not been released is because the social worker's computer is broken. How long it's been broken or when it might get fixed or replaced is unknown. I am relieved, frustrated, and somehow amused. I asked if we could just chip in and get a new computer for her, but it seems that is not an option at this point.