*****

*****
This is the story of my journey to bring Willow home from Guatemala. I am now mom to two daughters: Lily (5) who was born in China and Willow (2).

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Adios!

Tonight was my last night tucking Liller in without her little sister.
Lily is excited for her big week with Papa and yaya (my dad and sister). Papa is sleeping in Willow's bed when they're here. The other nights Lily will be at yaya's house. I'm trying to imagine my dad in the bed next to Lily - it's not possible. I said "Dad - you can sleep in my adult bed and watch TV for crying out loud." Lily is used to sleeping alone in her room. Nope - he thinks she'll think that's "pretty cool" having someone in there with her. Um, Yeaaaaa. That's an understatement.
She'll go to day care twice this week. On Thursday yaya's taking her to the Mall of America: the American Girl store to pick out an outfit for Willow's doll and Lily's doll, to Build a Bear to get something made just for Lily, and out to lunch. What lucky girls - my mom taking care of me and Willow while Yaya and Papa are taking care of Lily.
I am scheduled to receive Willow at the hotel late Monday afternoon - around 4:30ish. Sandra and Veronica will bring her to me along with a translator from my agency. I'm excited for tomorrow for 2 reasons: 1) I leave 2) I can say "Tomorrow I get to meet Willow". I'm terrified and sad for the grieving they will all experience, but I'm so tired of worrying about it, it'll be a relief to just get busy fixing it.

I have a gift for Lily to open every day while I'm gone. I wrote her special events for each day on the calendar. I told her Yaya will send emails to me any time she has a message to give me. One night this week I told her I'd be leaving after church on Sunday and reminded her of all the fun things she'll do while I'm gone. She goes "Mom? Know what I'm going to do at the airport?" (all giggly and squirmy) "I'm going to push you and say 'go mom! hurry!'"